Location: Valhalla, New York
The Clinical Admissions Liaison has the responsibility of clinically evaluating and screening prospective patients to determine whether they are appropriate for the WMCHealth Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Unit (PM&R). The Clinical Admissions Liaison engages partners at referring hospitals to assure WMCHealth value is communicated to clinical staff, the patients, and families of patients, considering WMCHealth for rehabilitation.
- Receives referral information from the Coordinating Manager (see additional job description) and initiates the screening process.
- Conducts brief evaluation of WMCHealth acute care referrals and completes prescreening documentation, which includes specific comments on patient's candidacy for inpatient rehab services in accordance with third party criteria.
- Reviews external regional hospital referrals and completes prescreening documentation as above. If indicated, visits patients in regional referral hospitals (and nursing homes) to assess appropriateness of candidacy for admission.
- Submits completed prescreen to WMCHealth Valhalla Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Medical Director or Acting Director of PM&R for review and approval.
- Maintains direct and ongoing communication with the referring services to determine status of patient.
- Completes all screening documentation as appropriate.
- Explains admission criteria, length of stay, and rehabilitation program to staff of referring services and hospitals.
- Maintains close liaison with WMCHealth admitting staff. Communicates essential data to provide smooth transition for patient's admission, monitors case and updates/adds information as needed to facilitate admission.
- Establishes good rapport and cooperative working relationships with Hospital staff and referral sources.
- Enters patient data into the computer system.
- Demonstrates the ability to translate knowledge of physical, psychosocial and cognitive-perceptual changes related to age into assessments, treatment plans and treatment modalities for young adult, adult and geriatric patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 2 years of acute care and/or rehabilitation experience, required. Current screener experience preferred.
Master's degree or equivalent, required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Must have a current NYS license and certifications as a PT, OT or PA, required.
Ability to work closely with other clinical professionals, physicians and nursing personnel in the institution as well as the referral sources (hospitals, physicians, etc.). Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. Strong clinical knowledge and excellent communication skills to articulate the value of acute rehabilitation to patients and clinical staff. Flexibility to work in various settings, using mobile office equipment (laptops, cell phones) to conduct business. Ability to maintain accuracy of work and attention to detail.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC