Location: Newark, Delaware
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
ChristianaCare is currently seeking a full-time Nurse Practitioner for the TIA Clinic in Newark, Delaware.
The ChristianaCare Stroke Program includes services at Christiana Hospital, Wilmington Hospital, and the freestanding Middletown Emergency Department. All three facilities have been awarded by The Joint Commission, a national certifying organization. Christiana Hospital has been recognized as a Comprehensive Stroke Center, the most advanced level of expertise in stroke care by The Joint Commission. Our program provides 24-7 availability of expertise in stroke care. This position will provide the clinical care to TIA patients who are fast tracked from the emergency department into an outpatient neurology clinic.
- Completion of a master's degree program and board certification as a Certified Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- License or license eligible as a ACNP in the State of Delaware and Maryland
- Minimum of three years clinical experience with two years of neurology experience required
- Assess health status of neurology patient through complete physical examination and medical history.
- Analyzes patient data and formulates an individualized plan of care based on patient assessment and needs in collaboration with the attending physician, nursing, and other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Order, interpret and communicate results of appropriate lab tests and prescribe care and/or medications based on test results.
- Complete appropriate and timely documentation in the electronic health record (EHR), which includes history and physical (H&P), consults, progress notes, procedure/operative notes, discharge summaries, orders, and message center.
- Maintains privileges, mandatory education, and regulatory requirements as needed for area of specialization.
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three hospitals (1,300 beds), a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. We rank 21st in the nation for hospital admissions and 6th for admission of stroke patients.
ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 290 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our unique, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
Benefits of living in the Delaware Valley:
Working for ChristianaCare offers the best of urban and suburban living with multiple housing options, excellent restaurants and entertainment venues, quality public and private schools and a short driving distance to popular Delaware and New Jersey beaches. The location provides easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and New York City - all within a short drive or train ride from Newark, DE.