Location: New York, New York
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is seeking Radiation Therapists for our Main Campus location.
Memorial Sloan Kettering's Department of Radiation Oncology is dedicated to providing superior care to our patients while leading innovations in clinical, translational, and laboratory-based research. Our experts helped pioneer techniques such as intensity-modulated radiation therapy and are world leaders in their subspecialties, including brachytherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, and palliative approaches.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate team player!
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Administer radiation oncology treatments according to the Radiation Oncologist's prescription under a minimum of supervision.
- Keep accurate daily records of treatments administered.
- Teach students technical procedures during their clinical rotations under the supervision of the Chief Therapist.
Learn more about our Benefits!
- Graduate of an A.M.A. approved 2-year training program in radiation therapy technology or its equivalent is required.
- Registered Radiation Therapy licensure in the state of New York is required.
- Certification in American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) is required
- CPR Required
Pay Range: $43.65-$69.85
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.