Location: Port Jervis, New York
The Care Partner is responsible for providing personal care and treatment of hospital patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Responsibilities involve the performance of clinical support functions and patient care techniques and preparation of patients for treatment and operating procedures. The Nurse Aide performs specialized patient care duties to support the needs of the department.
- Prepares and assists with medical procedures as directed.
- Performs specialized patient care related to the area of specialty (e.g., prepares and assists with minor procedure set up, prepares casts, assists surgical team).
- Assists patient in dressing or undressing, bathing, and eating.
- Reports changes or problems in patient condition to professional nursing staff.
- Collects or assists in the collection of specimens for testing and analysis.
- Obtains and records vital signs and weight.
- Performs accu-checks, and oral and nasal suctioning.
- Prepares supplies and environment prior to and after care.
- Ensures adequate inventory of equipment and supplies in patient care area.
- May assist with admission, transfer and discharge of patients.
- Transports patients to units and ancillary departments for testing.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
A minimum of two years of experience in a medical, hospital or health care setting which involved patient care related duties is preferred. Certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) in New York State preferred
A high school diploma or equivalency required
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.